Blueberry Raw Cheesecake
Light, fresh, and delicate, this raw cheesecake melts in your mouth, is packed with vitamins and minerals, and is ready in no time.
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 lemon, juice only
- ½ cup coconut milk (use homemade for the raw version or full fat for the vegan one)
- 2 tbsp organic raw honey (or raw agave nectar for the strict vegans)
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup dry pitted dates, soaked overnight
- ½ cup raw almonds
- Line a round 6″ pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Make the crust first – place the dry pitted dates and almonds in the food processor and pulse to obtain a sticky mixture.
- Spread the mixture into the pan and press it to evenly arrange.
- Drain the cashews and place them in the food processor along with the lemon juice, coconut milk and raw honey.
- Process to obtain a smooth cream.
- Pour the cashew mixture in the pan on top of the crust, and spread evenly.
- Place the blueberries (optional – add a teaspoon of honey or agave nectar) in the food processor and pulse to obtain a puree.
- Top the cheesecake with the puree, cover and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- For serving, let it stay at the room temperature for 15 mins until it can be cut easily.