Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings – baked instead of fried but these classic chicken wings are still as crispy and delicious as ever! The perfect party appetizer or game day treat!
- 2 lbs. of chicken (mixture of wings and drumettes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Add chicken to a large bowl. Pat chicken dry.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of sea salt, and 1 teaspoon of black pepper. Gently toss to coat all the chicken.
- Place chicken on a wire rack lined baking sheet. (if you don’t have a wire rack, use parchment paper)
- Bake for 40 minutes, flipping the chicken after 20 minutes.
- Turn the Broiler on to HIGH.
- Place chicken under broiler for 8-10 minutes, until browned.
- In the meantime, heat a medium sauce pan to medium heat. Add butter and 3 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan. Melt the butter down.
- Once butter is melted add the garlic to the pan. Let cook in the liquid for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Next add in 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, & pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Let the sauce cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven. Place in a large bowl, pour the garlic parmesan sauce over the chicken wings. Using a pair of tongs, toss the wings to coat all of them with the sauce.
- Serve. Top the wings with an additional 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
- Optional: add chopped chives for garnish.