Breakfast is first and most important meal of the day has to hydrate us, while providing nutrients to boost our energy and nourish our cells throughout the day without burdening the digestion. Layers of superfoods, antioxidants, and fiber alongside fresh fruits, all packed in jars, sound like the best choice for a summer holiday breakfast.
Acai berries are also a great source of fiber and healthy fats. They increase energy production in the mitochondria, keep you hydrated, and help your body fight against oxidative stress, as it is said that their antioxidant benefits are higher than most of the other berry fruits, including blueberries. I don’t know if this is correct, but pairing as many fresh red, blue, and purple fruits in my summer breakfast jars is a good way to assure that my body gets the most nutrients from all of them.
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk
- Pinch vanilla powder
Acai Smoothie Layer
- 1 tbsp acai powder
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tsp unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 3-4 fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup almond milk
- *Optional: 2 tsp bee pollen (use hemp hearts for the vegan version)
- Fresh mixed berries, mashed with a fork to obtain juice and chunks (i used strawberries and blueberries)
- To Garnish: fresh fruits, bee pollen (*optional), coconut flakes, mint leaves
- Add the chia seeds, almond milk and vanilla powder into a medium bowl, mix to combine and set aside for 15 minutes, until the seeds absorb all the liquid.
- Add all the smoothie layer ingredients into a blender and process to obtain a creamy mixture.
- To assemble the jar add half of the mashed fruits, then a layer of chia puding, top with acai smoothie and garnish with fresh fruits, bee pollen, mint leaves and coconut flakes.
- Proceed the same with the second jar, then serve or lid the jars and pack to go.